Who are we?
Operating headquarters: 32 rue d’Havré at 7000 Mons Belgium
Head Office : 9 rue Emile Dooms, 7950 Chièvres, Belgium
Our website address is: https://www.hotelinfotel.be
In this document, we explain what categories of personal data we collect, why we collect it, and with whom we may share your personal data. When we process your data, we comply with privacy regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the implementing provisions of the GDPR. This means, among other things, that we :
- give details of the purposes for which your personal data is processed;
- do not collect more personal data than is necessary to achieve these objectives;
- ask for your authorization in cases where it is necessary;
- take the necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data;
- respect your rights to your own personal data.
Use of personal data collected
When you leave a comment on our website, not only the data entered in the comment form, but also your IP address and your browser’s user agent are collected to help us detect unwanted comments.
If you are a registered user and you upload images to the website, we advise you to avoid uploading images containing EXIF GPS coordinate data. Visitors to your website can download and extract location data from these images.
When you contact us or vice versa, or in connection with actions or services, we may retain the following data:
- The personal data you leave when you send us an e-mail, a letter, call us or contact us via social networks. This is data such as your name, pseudonym, telephone number, address or e-mail address.
If you leave a comment on our site, you will be asked to save your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. This is only for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information if you make another comment later. These cookies expire after one year.
If you go to the login page, a temporary cookie will be created to determine if your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain any personal data and will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to record your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days, and the lifetime of a screen option cookie is one year. If you check “Remember me”, your cookie will be stored for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the cookie will be deleted.
When editing or publishing a publication, an additional cookie will be stored in your browser. This cookie does not contain any personal data. It simply indicates the ID of the publication you have just modified. It expires after one day.
Embedded content from other sites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles…). Content embedded from other sites behaves in the same way as if the visitor were visiting that other site.
Use and transmission of your personal data
We process your personal data on the basis of the following legal provisions of the RGPD :
- Authorization For example, when you have given your authorization for the processing of your personal data when creating an account or when subscribing to our newsletter. If you have given your consent to certain processing operations, you can revoke this consent at any time.
- Enter into a contract with you or take action at your request before entering into a contract with you. We need your personal data in order to reserve your accommodation or to be able to offer you the services you wish to purchase. We also need your personal data to be able to make payments.
- Comply with a legal obligation. Infotel may be legally required to provide personal data to third parties, for example when required by government authorities at the point of departure or arrival. This may be important for border control, immigration, security, anti-terrorism or other purposes.
- Protection of vital importance. This includes, for example, exchanging relevant information with intermediaries or medical personnel in an emergency.
- Performing a task in the public interest or exercising public authority. This includes, for example, the use of personal data in the event of accidents, security incidents or similar.
- Our legitimate interest or that of third parties. For example, when we try to predict for our business interest what other products, services or information may be of interest to you. In this way, we can make our marketing information more relevant to you.
We are happy to explain how your personal data is used.
To provide you with housing and services
Your personal details are necessary to make your reservation and to provide you with the products you wish to purchase from us.
How long you can store your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This makes it possible to automatically recognize and approve subsequent comments instead of leaving them in the moderation queue.
For users who register on our site (if possible), we also store the personal data indicated in their profile. All users can view, change or delete their personal information at any time (with the exception of their username-ice). The site managers can also view and modify this information.
Transmission of your personal data
Visitors’ comments can be verified using an automated service to detect unwanted comments.
SOCIAL NETWORK FUNCTIONALITIES
Our websites have features for social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, each of which has its own privacy statement. Please make sure you read these terms and conditions and the privacy statement before entering your personal data. We are not responsible for these features.
You can contact us for any complaint at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your data
We take all necessary security measures to protect your data against unintentional loss and against unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. You are also responsible for the protection of your data, for example by not sharing your user IDs and passwords with third parties.
We may transfer or store your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This data is processed by organisations outside the EEA that work for us or our suppliers. In such cases, we have also taken the necessary steps to protect your personal data and process it in accordance with this statement. These safeguards include further contractual provisions and appropriate security measures.
The data is kept only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this privacy statement, as well as to comply with laws and regulations. Specifically, we retain the personal data we collect in connection with bookings, purchases and the execution of other contracts for as long as it is necessary to process your bookings. This includes administration, comments, complaints, damages, insurance, etc. After that, we keep your data for a maximum of four years for marketing purposes. At the end of this period, the data will be deleted, unless it has to be kept longer to comply with a legal obligation. The latter applies in any case to payment data that must be kept for 7 years in order to comply with a tax retention obligation.
Personal data that we collect because you have contacted us by e-mail, mail, telephone or social networks will be kept for as long as necessary to process and follow up on your request. We may then retain your data for up to four years for marketing purposes.
The personal data we collect in the context of applications will be deleted (if you are not recruited) no later than 1 month after the end of the recruitment procedure, unless you have authorised the retention of your data for future job offers.
At the end of the retention period, we will delete your personal data. We may anonymise your data for analytical, historical or other commercial purposes.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CLAIMS
You can of course always access your personal data on our websites. This data is linked to your account or your travel booking. This is why every person whose data we process has the following rights:
Right of control over your personal data
You have the right to control your personal data. This means that you have the right to ask which personal data is stored and for what purpose it is used.
Right to rectify or delete your personal data
You have the right to have your personal data changed if they are inaccurate. You can also submit a request to have your data deleted. We will only be able to comply with this if we are not obliged to keep your data or only if we do not need it in order to be able to provide you with services.
Right of opposition and right of restriction of use
You have a number of options to object to the use of your data. Even if you have given your consent at an earlier stage, you can object to the use of your data or withdraw your consent. You can object to the use of your personal data free of charge if it is used for purposes other than those necessary for the performance of a contract or necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation.
Right of data portability
You can submit a request to retrieve the data in our possession that you have entered yourself (electronically).